Itochu Oil Exploration Company Ltd.(CIECO) will work to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society through in particular exploiting and supplying of oil and natural gas. CIECO has complied with the ITOCHU Group’s HSE philosophy and policy in the development of its HSE management system. This system is applied to all relevant project activities to ensure adherence to the Company’s philosophy that the management of HSE is an integral part of CIECO’s business activities.
Itochu Oil Exploration Company Ltd.(CIECO) will conduct all its business activities with honour and honesty and as such, we are committed to achieving high standards of health, safety, environmental protection throughout our business.
Within all our activities it is our goal to:
- Safeguard the health and safety of all people directly or indirectly affected by our operations;
- Pay heed to our environmental impacts (both direct and indirect) by preventing pollution to the environment;
In all areas of operation, we will follow the requirements of our HSE management systems, to ensure that we consistently:
- Show strong leadership and clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for HSE at all levels of the organisation;
- Select competent personnel to manage and undertake business activities;
- Identify, assess and manage HSE risks relating to our operations;
- Set appropriate HSE objectives and targets and review progress at defined intervals;
- Select competent contractors and ensure that they are effectively managed to meet our standards;
- Comply with regulatory and other applicable requirements, or where regulations do not exist, apply industry standards;
- Prepare for emergencies by developing appropriate Emergency Response Plans;
- Manage changes to the organisation and its HSE procedures and practices;
- Report and investigate incidents to prevent recurrence and improve HSE performance;
- Communicate our HSE policy to all personnel, partners, contractors and stakeholders;
- Continually improve HSE performance through monitoring, regular reporting, learning from our past performance and periodic audits.
This policy will not be compromised by other business priorities and will be the subject to regular review to ensure it continually meets both company and stakeholder requirements.